Medi-Sota, Inc. is a non-profit healthcare consortium of 34 rural health care providers in Minnesota.
- Discounted or Free Education
- On-Demand Training Library
- Free Webinars Offered Monthly with CEU's
- Program Development
- Custom Searches for Providers, Allied Health Professionals & Management/Executives
- Large Pool of Candidates with Rural Focus
- Share Ideas and Best Practices
- Regulatory Compliance & Inspection Readiness
- Peer Support
- Discounted Rates for Services & Equipement
- Group Purchases
- Flexibility-No Mandate
- Great Return on Investment - Dues Only $5,500/Yr
- Multiple educational programs offered per year (including ancillary departments, other than nursing). Staff may attend programs at no charge or a discounted rate.
- Media Library with On-Demand videos available for member access for educational purposes.
- Our education program continues to include training for staff to remain compliant with regulatory agencies. (Example: HIPAA, OSHA, MPCA, MDH etc.) A variety of trainers have provided education at ancillary meetings, including but not limited to: OT/PT (APTA/MOTA updates and procedure in-services), Insurance and Billing Personnel (Claims management/Collection training), Pharmacy Directors (USP 800 & 340B Compliance), Generator Maintenance/Safety training for Maintenance Engineers, & Regulatory and Policy Updates for HR Personnel.
- On-Demand and scheduled webinars covering management, leadership, and HCAHPS topics.
We have successfully recruited Physicians, Specialists, Advanced Practice Nursing candidates, Physician Assistants, Misc. Allied Health Professionals, and some high-level Managers. Fees range anywhere from $15,000-$25,000 for Advanced Practice Providers, Physicians, and Specialists. Allied Health Professional placement fees are 20% of the annual wage up to a maximum of $12,000.
3. Networking and Member Service
- Share ideas and identify areas that are important to our facilities; identify and share common interests. Look for opportunities to advocate for members.
- Various surveys and data collection for potential group projects.
- Play an active role in expressing positions to local, state and federal elected officials, agencies and associations regarding important health care issues and legislation affecting our region.
- Ancillary department networking meetings include standard agenda items such as compliance and cost-savings efforts.
- Administrators meet approximately 6 times a year and an annual planning retreat is held for the Board of Directors. Quarterly meetings are coordinated for the nursing administrators also. Presentations are scheduled based on needs or interest identified by administration.
- Website at www.medi-sota.org is available for easy access to meeting & workshop calendars, as well as on-demand education videos and an online shared documents portal.
4. Cost Savings
- Preferred Vendor Contracts and/or discounted rates are negotiated for members upon request such as: Business Office Resources, Staff and Patient Evidenced Based Resources and Education, Facility Management Services, Grant Resources, Health Information Services, Mobile Solutions, Telecommunication and Network Resources, Equipment,Consulting, Waste Management Solutions, and Clinical Support Services.
- Medi-Sota offers flexibility. While we work with a number of vendors, no contracts or services are mandatory. Members may choose the services that best meet their needs while also benefitting from other affiliations and organizations within the region without having to choose one organization over another.
- Annual dues of $5,500 are assessed quarterly at $1,375 per quarter. Typically education fees saved and group discounts far exceed the dues. Contact the Medi-Sota office for details and questions.