1. Contract with MN West College for member staff education.
2. Education is made available to trustees at the annual trustee conference held each February. (NO registration fees required. Sponsors cover most costs associated with this event.)
3. Coordinate and share expertise regarding computer-based training programs such as the NetLearning program used by many to meet their mandatory compliance training requirements on site. Group rates are currently available for the NetLearning compliance courseware and web-based training for the system administrators through the NetLearning University.
4. A variety of trainers have provided education at ancillary meetings, including but not limited to:
II. RECRUITMENT (Joint Program with Rural Health Alliance Members):
1. Physician recruitment services for participating members require no up-front fees to utilize the program. Placement fees are invoiced upon placement. Current fees charged for placements include: $15,000 for Advanced Practice Nursing positions, $20,000 for physicians and $25,000 for specialists. (A recent emphasis has been placed on developing new marketing tools and expanding our presence at events held for residency programs throughout Minnesota and the surrounding states. We believe this will make our program even more successful than in the past.)
2. Staff recruitment program for members requires no up-front fees for recruitment of other allied health professionals. Positions filled to date include: Physical and Occupational Therapists, Pharmacists, Radiology and Lab Technicians, CT Manager, Ultrasound Technologist, Surgical Techs, Nursing Administrators, HR, HIM, and Surgery Directors. Placement fees are invoiced upon placement. (20% of annual salary, up to maximum of $12,000). High level management placements such as CEO's are invoiced upon placement for $30,000.
3. A Salary survey is completed at least annually. Some positions may be surveyed biannually if needed. This survey is conducted and owned by Medi-Sota and is not sold to outside parties. The administrator is the sole recipient of this survey, unless administrator requests another staff member receive a copy. (A few non-member facilities from the region are also invited to participate in the salary survey to provide as much comparative data as possible for the Medi-Sota survey recipients.)
III. NETWORKING AND MEMBER SERVICE:
1. Share ideas and identify areas that are important to our facilities; identify and share common interests. Look for opportunities to advocate for members.
2. Play an active role in expressing positions to local, state and federal elected officials, agencies and associations regarding important health care issues and legislation affecting our region.
3. Ancillary department networking meetings include standard agenda items such as compliance and cost-savings efforts. A workshop calendar and meeting calendar are available on our website at www.medi-sota.org.
4. Regular monthly administrator meetings and an annual planning retreat are held for the Board of Directors.
5. Bi-monthly meetings are coordinated for the nursing administrators.
6. An Annual Trustee Conference for administration and board members is held in February. Semi-annual Trustee programs are planned only if needed.
IV. COST-SAVINGS FOR MEMBERS:
1. Preferred Vendor Contracts and/or discounted rates. A few examples include:
Contact the Medi-Sota office for a complete list of Cost Savings for Medi-Sota Members
2. Group purchasing: Examples include:
3. Grant dollars are periodically made available to support programs and reduce costs of equipment, software or training. This is dependent on needs, resources available, and time to prepare and manage the grant.
4. Preferred vendor fees support programs and reduce administrative costs.
1. Medi-Sota, Inc. shares ownership of Recovery Resources, an agency specializing in healthcare collections. Reasonable fees and good returns are available to members.
2. Group idea and information sharing among members.
3. Various surveys and data collection for potential group projects.
4. Website is available for easy access to meeting and workshop calendars, as well as On-Demand education videos.
5. Medi-Sota offers flexibility. While we work with a number of preferred vendors, no contracts or services are mandatory. Members may choose the services that best meet their needs. Members may also enjoy the benefits of other affiliations and organizations within the region, without having to choose one organization over another. We try to build on those relationships and improve rural healthcare delivery whenever possible.
1280 Locust Street, Suite 16
Dawson, MN 56232